Vasectomy - stay off my nut sack

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Vasectomy - stay off my nut sack

Post by _Sanctorian »

Surgical Sterilization (Including Vasectomy)

The Church strongly discourages surgical sterilization as an elective form of birth control. Surgical sterilization should be considered only if (1) medical conditions seriously jeopardize life or health or (2) birth defects or serious trauma have rendered a person mentally incompetent and not responsible for his or her actions. Such conditions must be determined by competent medical judgment and in accordance with law. Even then, the persons responsible for this decision should consult with each other and with their bishop and should receive divine confirmation of their decision through prayer.

When will members realize going to the bishop for counsel in these matters is extremely stupid? His answers are written in a handbook of instructions. This is his answer. No need to talk to your bishop about it unless you want to be talked out of it.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Re: Vasectomy - stay off my nut sack

Post by _deacon blues »

Who writes this stuff? I presume it was approved by a GA somewhere along the line but, what a weird church/idol it is that intrudes into every part of our life.
These are the gatekeepers to my grand kids weddings? These are the gatekeepers to Kingdom of God?

It's not hard to see why they hide from the light of inquiry.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

One of the best things I ever did was get snipped. I had a couple of close calls in my more doggish days, and I 1) didn't want to fork over child support to a woman I resented and a kid I didn't want, and 2) I felt it was irresponsible to keep making kids and thrusting them into a difficult world; they didn't get a choice to be created and if I made one or two with women I didn't want a life with I'm virtually guaranteeing them a hard life.

That's immoral.

As we continue to increase our population we're gobbling up space and resources. Life will only get more competitive. I'm not sure why we don't pump the brakes a bit when it comes to making more people. It boggles my mind.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:One of the best things I ever did was get snipped. I had a couple of close calls in my more doggish days, and I 1) didn't want to fork over child support to a woman I resented and a kid I didn't want, and 2) I felt it was irresponsible to keep making kids and thrusting them into a difficult world; they didn't get a choice to be created and if I made one or two with women I didn't want a life with I'm virtually guaranteeing them a hard life.

That's immoral.

As we continue to increase our population we're gobbling up space and resources. Life will only get more competitive. I'm not sure why we don't pump the brakes a bit when it comes to making more people. It boggles my mind.

- Doc

Yeah. Here is what baffles me.

Religious conservatives hate the idea of birth control...
Religious conservatives hate the idea of abortion....
Religious conservatives hate the idea single parent homes...
Religious conservatives hate the idea of using tax money to pay for social welfare...

Does anyone else see a problem here?
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

cwald wrote:
Yeah. Here is what baffles me.

Religious conservatives hate the idea of birth control...
Religious conservatives hate the idea of abortion....
Religious conservatives hate the idea single parent homes...
Religious conservatives hate the idea of using tax money to pay for social welfare...

Does anyone else see a problem here?

Yes. Add to that the fact that some folks like the idea of adoption so long as they're not doing the adopting.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb