My friend said the eff word on temple grounds

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

My friend said the eff word on temple grounds

Post by _Sanctorian »

I had lunch with a friend this week. He lives in Utah county Provo district. It was a nice day so after lunch I suggested we walk the temple grounds of the Center street temple. I’ve driven past it a few dozen times, but never walked the grounds so I thought this would be a good opportunity. He showed me the little building with the Christus statue that provided access to the underground parking. The patron made mention there were exactly 37 stairs leading down. I jokingly said out loud “Perfect! One for each of Joseph’s wives”.

He then opened the temple doors to show me the stained glass window behind the front desk check in area. The gentleman manning the station kindly invited us in to take a closer look and it truly was a spectacular piece of art.

We then walked to the south side and sat on a bench to continue our conversation. He asked me if I had tried drugs or alcohol since leaving. I replied that I drink socially and enjoy a nice alcoholic beverage to pair with my meal. He said “Man, that’s crap! F-uq alcohol. There is no good reason to drink it.”

I couldn’t help but smile knowing one of Joseph’s wives gasped in utter disbelief. Probably one of my finer moments in getting someone to say the big f-bomb.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Re: My friend said the eff word on temple grounds

Post by _SuperDell »

Some kind of special meaning to 37 stairs?

Then the stained glass for tourists to see - but chapels so plain architects get headaches driving past them.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Sanctorian wrote:Probably one of my finer moments in getting someone to say the big f-bomb.

Good on ya'. That is an accomplishment.

Regards,
MG
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Sanctorian wrote:Probably one of my finer moments in getting someone to say the big f-bomb.

Good on ya'. That is an accomplishment.

Regards,
MG

Only to be surpassed when I get you to drop the f-bomb. Challenge accepted. :wink:
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.