Where is the north land where the 10 tribes are?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Re: Where is the north land where the 10 tribes are?

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Kishkumen wrote:I was always intrigued by that statement myself. I have assumed that, like other statements in the facsimile interpretation, it was suggesting that some information could only be given in the temple.

I am interested in whether or not a straight line can be drawn from that statement to the mouth of Joseph Smith.

And I had one or two other questions... :wink:

Regards,
MG
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

MG
I am interested in whether or not a straight line can be drawn from that statement to the mouth of Joseph Smith.

Regards,

Start a new thread, I want to see what Shulem knows about this, and he is being a gentleman and not derailing this topic.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Philo Sofee wrote:
MG

Regards,

Start a new thread, I want to see what Shulem knows about this, and he is being a gentleman and not derailing this topic.

OK. I'm cool with that.

Regards,
MG
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

sock puppet wrote:April 3, 1836, Kirtland Temple vision included:

D&C 110
11 After this vision closed, the heavens were again opened unto us; and Moses appeared before us, and committed unto us the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth, and the leading of the ten tribes from the land of the north.

For people that are deluded enough to think that JSjr spewed forth the word of god, tell me, where is this land of the north?

From the autobiography of Benjamin F. Johnson:

I can now see, as President George A. Smith afterwards said, that I was then really "the bosom friend and companion of the Prophet Joseph." I was as welcome at the Mansion as at my own house, and on one occasion when at a full table of his family and chosen friends, he placed me at his right hand and introduced me as his "friend, Brother B. F. Johnson, at whose house he sat at a better table than his own." Sometimes when at my house I asked him questions relating to past, present and future; some of his answers were taken by Brother William Clayton, who was then present with him, and are now recorded in the Doctrine and Covenants; the one as to what the Lord told him in relation to seeing his face at 85 years of age; also the one as to the earth becoming as a sea of glass, molten with fire. [D&C 130: 9, 14-17] Other questions were asked when Brother Clayton was not present, one of which I will relate: I asked where the nine and a half tribes of Israel were. "Well," said he, "you remember the old caldron or potash kettle you used to boil maple sap in for sugar, don't you?" I said yes. "Well," said he, "they are in the north pole in a concave just the shape of that kettle. And John the Revelator is with them, preparing them for their return." Many other things of a public or private nature I might here record, but will only note one or two, those pertaining to our own family.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Hollow earth eh? Ayiyi....... is there no end to the silliness?
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."