New prospective Missionary Questions

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

New prospective Missionary Questions

Post by _I have a question »

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/multimedi ... letter.pdf

Question 8
Have you ever sexually abused a child...

Page 8
homosexual activity...distorts loving relationships and prevents people from receiving the blessings that can be found in family life...
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Re: New prospective Missionary Questions

Post by _Water Dog »

Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

3. What does it mean to you to repent? Do you feel that you have fully repented of past transgressions?

In other words, have you ever or do you now masturbate? The LDS church is obsessed with masturbation. They have to know if you are doing it or if you've truly stopped doing it. It's that simple. When it comes to the boys, masturbation is always the bottom line in the LDS church. It's ridiculous, I know.

:rolleyes:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

A person who has been promiscuous with several partners or with one partner over an extended period of time in a relationship outside of marriage will not be considered for missionary service. Stake presidents and bishops help these individuals repent and provide them with other meaningful ways to serve the Lord.

In other words, Jesus' blood isn't good enough for you and you will have to become a second class Latter-day Saint. But never fear, you're going to be saved with salvation and maybe someday be worthy of exaltation. But as far as serving a mission for the church, you can forget that. You're damaged goods -- a licked cupcake

_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Shulem wrote:
A person who has been promiscuous with several partners or with one partner over an extended period of time in a relationship outside of marriage will not be considered for missionary service. Stake presidents and bishops help these individuals repent and provide them with other meaningful ways to serve the Lord.

Such as cleaning the chapel toilets.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

[Before marriage,] do not participate in passionate kissing

What other kind of kissing is there? Unpassionate kissing, perhaps?

Oh, I get it. The quick peck is okay. But don't hold on for very long. You might need to limit your time with the aid of a stop watch.

Mormonism is so twisted. Everything about Mormonism reeks like a cult.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Do not view, read, or listen to anything that depicts or describes the human body or sexual conduct in a way that can arouse sexual feelings

Ugh, that also means you can't look at yourself while taking a shower or pose in the mirror and explore your intimate expressions. Heaven forbid your privates will get excited!

Jesus Christ.