Faith v. Facts: This is the choice

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Faith v. Facts: This is the choice

Post by _I have a question »

Nightlion wrote:
I have a question wrote:You have a lot of hate inside you, and not a lot of medication. Please redress the balance.

What is lower than a base slanderer? That's Satan. Can't get no lower. You need to abide in the lower kingdom. Have you ever contributed an original insight? I don't pay much attention but I figure you are a hate monger and that's all you know. What you spout is not germane in the slightest.

Hate? Moi? Not at all, I’m trying to help you.

“You have a lot of hate inside you,”
This^ is an observable fact.

“and not a lot of medication.”
Speculation^ based on observable behaviour.

“Please redress the balance.”
Helpful advice^
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Faith v. Facts: This is the choice

Post by _Shulem »

Nightlion wrote:After true faith seeking a redemption from your admitted weakness leads you to make an acceptable sacrifice unto the Lord, and you are visited by the Promise of the Father, (Just as Jesus commanded and coached the Jews in his day for forty days) and are made by that power a new creature, there is faith no more. You have experienced a FACT. All LDS are hypocrites who love money more than truth, so few (or none but me?) have actually made it to this FACT status with Christ in God. To deny this FACT is perdition. That's just how real it is. Science is never a fact. It is always a question. If you cannot accept that you are in denial.

Nightlion,

Would you like a dose of Joseph Smith's cyanide to drink?

From the Times & Seasons of President Smith:

Fig. 1. Abraham sitting upon Pharaoh’s throne, by the politeness of the king, with a crown upon his head, representing the Priesthood, as emblematical of the grand Presidency in Heaven; with the scepter of justice and judgment in his hand.

Fig. 2. King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head.

Fig. 3. Signifies Abraham in Egypt as given also in Figure 10 of Facsimile No. 1.

Fig. 4. Prince of Pharaoh, King of Egypt, as written above the hand.

Fig. 5. Shulem, one of the king’s principal waiters, as represented by the characters above his hand.

Fig. 6. Olimlah, a slave belonging to the prince.

:lol:

Are you going to deny the Smithy facts, Nightlion?

Shove them down your prophetic mouth and eat them!