It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: L. Whitney Clayton Is Rumored To Be The Next Apostle
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:31 pm 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:
Since then I have had an opportunity to get to know him. I remarkable example of a Christian diciple.

Let's hope the age and conservatism have not dulled nor warped that discipleship. Hopefully the henchman duties for the Strengthening the Membership Committee is at an end and the discipleship can shine once again. Just because someone once took part in the Inquisition does not mean they have to continually use implements of truth and penitence.

Last edited by moksha on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:35 pm 
God

Wonhyo wrote:
grindael wrote:
And of course he is a descendant of William Clayton. The Nepotism just goes on and on, doesn't it?

Well, grindael, we have an entire folk theology about the spirits of the premortal righteous being born into privileged families, leadership lines, and so on and so forth. Hinduism with a twist of Mormon lemon.

a tight twist of closely related lemon--isn't LW's brother Weatherford Clayton also a GA?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:36 pm 
Hermit

Yahoo Bot wrote:
Mock me all you want, and call me a liar.

Why would you think I'd "mock" you? Is that something I ever do? And I don't believe I've ever called anyone a liar. I don't see any reason to doubt your story. And sure, it's good he helped that person and that's a check on the good side of the ledger. If you say it's really uncommon for something like that to happen in court then I believe you. It's not like a Yellow Cab driver could give homeless persons too many rides on his employer's time.

I'm just pointing out that type-A males can far more easily protect the weak than they can forgive someone moderately strong who holds a different opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:44 am 
CTR B

Lemmie wrote:
a tight twist of closely related lemon--isn't LW's brother Weatherford Clayton also a GA?

(sigh...) Yes, Lemmie, that twist of lemon is really tart. Dr. Weatherford T. Clayton, who was sustained as a General Authority Seventy in 2016, is L. Whitney's little brother. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865 ... eople.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:36 am 
Holy Ghost

Wonhyo wrote:
Lemmie wrote:
a tight twist of closely related lemon
(sigh...) Yes, Lemmie, that twist of lemon is really tart.

no tartish here; step forward, folks
our dog's puppies know better, and are more pukkas than indians

no non-whites, by the way (copyright subgenius, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47256 )

Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:59 pm 
Area Authority

Will be a Stake President from either Minot or Bismarck, North Dakota.
Reason is because Tommy Monson spoke in North Dakota as one of his first assignments upon becoming an Apostle.

It will also get rid of the complaints about racial diversity as they will choose a man who is of Norweigan or Swedish ancestry. Just wait til he gets up and says OooofDa in conference and refers to FARGO.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:57 pm 
Seedy Academician

Gadianton wrote:
Yahoo Bot wrote:

Why would you think I'd "mock" you? Is that something I ever do? And I don't believe I've ever called anyone a liar. I don't see any reason to doubt your story. And sure, it's good he helped that person and that's a check on the good side of the ledger. If you say it's really uncommon for something like that to happen in court then I believe you. It's not like a Yellow Cab driver could give homeless persons too many rides on his employer's time.

I'm just pointing out that type-A males can far more easily protect the weak than they can forgive someone moderately strong who holds a different opinion.

It’s quite a revealing statement, I’d say. I’ve encountered this kind of disconnect before. Good Brethren like these could not get something so important fundamentally wrong. My former bishop said the same thing about the infamous November policy. In his eyes these are such good, Christlike men that the policy must have some higher purpose, divine rationale, or unfortunate necessity. These good men would never want to hurt children, you see, and that counts for so much.

So if these men are so Christlike, and you don’t seem so Christlike as they, how could you not be wrong about them? Who is more credible in the eyes of a person who knows their goodness personally?

It’s fascinating. Policies may fly in the face of scripture or be obviously wrong on their face, but the goodness of these good men is the ultimate validation and justification of all they do. God won’t let them make mistakes, so they didn’t make one, regardless of what lesser mortals may say.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:10 am 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:

I don’t think you need any help from us.

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:19 pm 
Deacon

Let us perhaps resume this conversation given the new vacancy in the quorum. As I posted elsewhere:

Apostle 1 will be a white man, with either a professional or business background. He will have been born in the American Morridor—I say American to specifically exclude Alberta, CA.

Apostle 2 will be a white man, with either a professional or business background. He will have been born in the US, east of the Mississippi River.

Both will be BIC.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:19 pm 
God

Kish wrote:
It’s quite a revealing statement, I’d say. I’ve encountered this kind of disconnect before. Good Brethren like these could not get something so important fundamentally wrong. My former bishop said the same thing about the infamous November policy. In his eyes these are such good, Christlike men that the policy must have some higher purpose, divine rationale, or unfortunate necessity. These good men would never want to hurt children, you see, and that counts for so much.

So if these men are so Christlike, and you don’t seem so Christlike as they, how could you not be wrong about them? Who is more credible in the eyes of a person who knows their goodness personally?

It’s fascinating. Policies may fly in the face of scripture or be obviously wrong on their face, but the goodness of these good men is the ultimate validation and justification of all they do. God won’t let them make mistakes, so they didn’t make one, regardless of what lesser mortals may say.

Great point! After all, as kind and good as these men may be, someone came up with a policy that was un-Christlike. The policy didn't just come out of thin air. And if the policy is a revelation from God, then what does that say about God?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:50 pm 
God

Craig Paxton wrote:
If ass kissing and brown nosing are requirements then it’s a given. No one has been more of a water carrier for the 12 than Clayton

Indeed. And Clayton is a piece of ____.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:41 pm 
God

I have a question wrote:
sock puppet wrote:
Who makes the decision now that Monson is so feeble? Nelson? Eyring and Uchtdorf?

Jesus, apparently....

by the way - Why is WaterDog going back and deleting all of his posts on the board? Just curious - It's really a little odd and I can't think of a reason for doing this!

Peace,
Ceeboo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:58 pm 
God

Ceeboo he is probably paranoid after all he's been interacting with Yahoo Bot.

2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:18 pm 
God

Ceeboo wrote:
by the way - Why is WaterDog going back and deleting all of his posts on the board? Just curious - It's really a little odd and I can't think of a reason for doing this!

The answer is simple:

Fear and embarrassment.