Are you open-minded?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Re: Are you open-minded?

Post by _mentalgymnast »

deacon blues wrote:I grew up in the church, but I also read popular atheist stuff like Ayn Rand. She made a lot of sense when I was a teenager. I also love the Gospels. So maybe I'm biased in several different ways.

We are what we eat/drink. We are what we read. We are what we think. We are what we are as a result of how we act.

And we are what we decide/choose.

Those folks such as yourself, me, and others that like to read/study a lot, have more options available to choose from. Life is a wondrous quest as a result...with many different outcomes for many different people.

And it is good to always keep an open mind.

Regards,
MG
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Re: Are you open-minded?

Post by _deacon blues »

mentalgymnast wrote:
deacon blues wrote:I am biased, but I try to keep an open mind...

How about you folks. Are you open-minded? Are you biased? Are you a little of both?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

My #1 bias/default that everything else is built upon, is that there is a creator/God and that we are created in His image. All else trickles out from there.

But am I open to the possibility that there isn't a creator/God? Sure. Personally, however, I think it's a safer bet to have a bias/default for the opposing point of view.

Regards,
MG

Thanks for contributing to the main topic. :biggrin: I reveal my own biases (and biases about biases) so that folks will know where I'm trying to come from.