Alpha & Omega: A Book of Mormon anachronistic blooper

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Alpha & Omega: A Book of Mormon anachronistic blooper

Post by _Shulem »

jfro18 wrote:He screwed up when naming Jesus too early and you can see that he realized it immediately after.

Joseph Smith said there wasn't any Greek on the plates yet an angel came to Nephi and said the Messiah would be called "Jesus". The correct name should have been Yeshua laying the cornerstone in Hebrew rather than Greek or English. Smith screwed up a second time saying his name would be "Christ". Another Greek screw up and treating it as if it was a last name rather than a title to represent one who is anointed of God.

Joseph Smith was dumb. He lacked a basic understanding of the fundamental meaning of the name Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon documents his screw ups and proves his claims to translate ancient languages is a sham.
_jfro18
_Emeritus

Post by _jfro18 »

My other favorite to know that Joseph Smith was making it up was his sampling of the Pure Adamic language.

Q The meaning of the pure word A[w]men
A It is the being which made all things in all its parts.
Q What is the name of the Son of God.
A The Son3 Awmen.
Q What is the Son Awmen.
A It is the greatest of all the parts of Awmen which is the Godhead the first born.
Q What is is man.
A This signifies Sons Awmen. the human family the children of men the greatest parts of Awmen Sons the Son Awmen
Q What are Angels called in pure language.
A Awmen Angls-men
Q What are the meaning of these words.
A Awmen’s Ser◊◊◊ts Ministerring servants Sanctified who are sent forth from heaven to minister for or to Sons Awmen the greatest part of Awmen Son. Sons Awmen Son Awmen Awmen

That is the most ridiculous thing ever.

Does anyone actually stop to wonder why Joseph Smith's "Reformed Egyptian" is just modified English and that his Pure Adamic language is just... modified English?

He was so creative yet at the end of the day he was also still subject to his limited knowledge and it was beyond clear when he overstepped.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

jfro18 wrote:He didn't know Elias and Elijah were the same person.

The silly apologetic for this is:

LDS Bible Dictionary wrote:A man called Elias apparently lived in mortality in the days of Abraham, who committed the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery in the Kirtland (Ohio) Temple on April 3, 1836 (D&C 110:12). We have no specific information as to the details of his mortal life or ministry.

So now we have a Greek man living in the days of Abraham long before Greece became Greece. It appears that Greek is all over Joseph Smith's egged face.

Jesus F. Christ.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

jfro18 wrote:He didn't know that Deutero-Isaiah was written after Lehi left with the plates.

THE Book of Mormon BLOWN UP
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Symmachus wrote:So I would give "alpha and omega" a pass, Shulem, but nine moons is so obviously a country hick on the frontier trying to Indianize his story.

Me have strong testimony of gospel for many moons.

The gospel of Joseph Smith
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Behold, I AM Alphus & Omegus, worship me!
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Bible wrote:Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing

Book of Mormon wrote:Verily, verily, I say unto thee, thou shalt by no means come out thence until thou hast paid the uttermost senine

General Conference wrote:Your family cannot be together in the Celestial Kingdom until your tithing is paid in full.

At least the message is consistent.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

moksha wrote:At least the message is consistent.

And, there isn't anything the church finds more repugnant than the embezzlement of church funds from an unscrupulous clerk.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: