To the moderators...if there be any.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Re: To the moderators...if there be any.

Post by _Sanctorian »

Brackite wrote:
Runtu wrote: I admit I'm a little biased because I have MG in real life (over fish tacos at Rubio's, no less) and found him a pleasant, sincere, and intelligent man. It's amazing to me how much better we are able to communicate face to face. People whose posting style drives me crazy, such as smac97, have turned out to be much more reasonable in person.

That is good to hear. MG has been cool with me with our few interactions here. And I also love fish tacos.

This is likely true for most people. Even the best authors fail to communicate with everyone effectively. I find human interaction a better judge of a persons character than how they put pen to paper.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

MG,

Please start drinking Snapple Iced tea again, only this time, please add a shot or two, or three of vodka.

In other words, chill out bro.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

moksha wrote:I also wish posters could be nicer to active Mormons participating on this board. Arguments can always be made without personal insults being added. Sometimes the piling on seems reminiscent of that Mormon apologetics board - but even they have limits to personal insults.

I agree. One of the reasons many of us originally flocked to Shades' board is because of how viciously we were treated on the MAD board. So to turn around and do that to others here seems very hypocritical.
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Brackite wrote:
Runtu wrote: I admit I'm a little biased because I have MG in real life (over fish tacos at Rubio's, no less) and found him a pleasant, sincere, and intelligent man. It's amazing to me how much better we are able to communicate face to face. People whose posting style drives me crazy, such as smac97, have turned out to be much more reasonable in person.

That is good to hear. MG has been cool with me with our few interactions here. And I also love fish tacos.

Me too! Now I'm going to have to make fish tacos for dinner tomorrow night. You've got me craving them. LOL
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Brackite wrote:

Food is always more enjoyable when eating while having a good conversation. I think that's why Runtu enjoyed them so much. :wink: I am a fairly decent eating/conversation companion. And so was he.

The times are few and far between when I have a opportunity to sit down and visit with another person that is...and continues on...their own unique faith journey. Even if those journeys may take us down different roads/paths. It's definitely easier to have those conversations one on one, face to face. That is the ONE BIG disadvantage to a board such as this. There are protagonists and antagonists...and each thinks the other is the other.

Runtu and I, I think, know better. :smile:

Regards,
MG