Sourcing a Story About the Priesthood

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Re: Sourcing a Story About the Priesthood

Post by _mentalgymnast »

grindael wrote:I like the one about the Snapple drinking troll...

Your response does not lend itself to a productive/civil conversation and/or discussion. It does lead us down a road that ultimately leads to a cul-de-sac/dead end where we find ourselves going round and round wasting each other's time. Rather than leading us in an unproductive/uncivil direction, you might want to add substantively to the discussion?

Regards,
MG
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Your response does not lend itself to a productive/civil conversation and/or discussion. It does lead us down a road that ultimately leads to a cul-de-sac/dead end where we find ourselves going round and round wasting each other's time. Rather than leading us in an unproductive/uncivil direction, you might want to add substantively to the discussion?

Of course it doesn't, not with you, the buffoon who doesn't know what the “F” he is talking about and can only troll MD over and over again until you get frustrated and skulk off.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

consiglieri wrote:BAM!!!

You are freaking awesome!!!

Thank you so much!!!

I owe you!!!

Now, let me briefly say that, inasmuch as I didn't joint he church until 1978, this talk had quite a bit of staying power as it must have been recycled for at least several years until I finally heard it.

Nah, not particularly awesome. When I worked for the church, one of our jobs was to source citations and stories in manuals and conference addresses, so I have a lot of practice doing that. But you're welcome.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

You are getting special mention in the next podcast!

By the name "Runtu" of course. :cool:
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

consiglieri wrote:You are getting special mention in the next podcast!

By the name "Runtu" of course. :cool:

Oh, no. I want credit. If you're going to mention me, say something like, "John K. Williams, who by the way has written a wonderful book ..." :)
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

Runtu wrote:
A friend of mine went to her bishop a few years ago because she was struggling with her testimony, having come across disturbing information about the early church. She was serving as the Relief Society president at the time, and the bishop just kept telling her to let it go and ignore it. One day her 6-year-old son was out helping her husband on their property. The father left the son alone with a riding tractor, and the boy took the opportunity to drive the tractor. The father returned to find his son crushed under the tractor, dead. When they sought comfort from the bishop, he told her this would not have happened had she not ignored her doubts and had instead stayed faithful.

This bishop is a monster.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Runtu wrote:
Oh, no. I want credit. If you're going to mention me, say something like, "John K. Williams, who by the way has written a wonderful book ..." :)

LOL! I just edited the final version, which will be going up Sunday morning.

I plugged you by name and recommended your book.

Expect sales to go through the roof by Sunday night!
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

consiglieri wrote:LOL! I just edited the final version, which will be going up Sunday morning.

I plugged you by name and recommended your book.

Expect sales to go through the roof by Sunday night!

I'm already making plans for the money I'm going to make. :lol:

Seriously, though, thank you for the mention on your podcast.
Runtu's Rincón

_Yahoo Bot
_Emeritus

Post by _Yahoo Bot »

Fence Sitter wrote:So if you loose a child that you were desperately praying would live, it is your fault for sinning.

Hopefully you don't keep your children on a bridle or leash.