The Utter Hypocrisy of Daniel C. Peterson

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: The Utter Hypocrisy of Daniel C. Peterson

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Choyo Chagas wrote:according to this two what-d'you-call-'em, it is obvious for successors - of the given hierarchy - to modify their predecessor's words (written or said)

this would be orwell's "1984"
i don't believe zerinus or littlenipper ever read it...

this is obvious

You know what, I read 1984 years ago and I can't recall everything about it. This much I know. When you have a piece of literature and it contains two fingerprints, you can't claim sole authorship on behalf of one author.

It doesn't work like that and it makes no logical sense (nor is it intellectually honest) to defend it as the work of one author.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:zerinus you can't ignore Deuteronomy 34 and claim that the entire Pentateuch was authored solely by Moses.

Look it up, buddy. It's in the book.

He doesn't need to. The church trumps everything else. What it alone says is the truth regardless of what even the scriptures say. To Zerinus, the nebulous, indefinieable "church" is his god and truth.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Jersey Girl wrote:It's not a believe, it's a solid fact. It's demonstrated right in the Pentateuch itself.

zeronut wrote:To you it may be, but not to everyone.

Jersey Girl wrote:So what you're telling me is that Moses wrote about his own death and burial.

What is wrong with you?

Moses was "translated" so he really didn't die. Hence, he could write about his own "death". Mormonism is just that wacky, and Z-man is gullible enough to believe it all. You will never get through Jersey. Never.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

It is a strange thing for zerinus to argue for biblical inerrancy when an article of the LDS faith is the Bible is true only insofar as it is translated correctly.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Post by _zerinus »

consiglieri wrote:It is a strange thing for zerinus to argue for biblical inerrancy when an article of the LDS faith is the Bible is true only insofar as it is translated correctly.
???????????????????????
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

zerinus wrote:
consiglieri wrote:It is a strange thing for zerinus to argue for biblical inerrancy when an article of the LDS faith is the Bible is true only insofar as it is translated correctly.
???????????????????????

And that's the closest zed can come to admitting defeat. At least It is an improvement over his "that's stupid" and "nuh-uh" comments.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
zerinus wrote:I am not interested in you shouting and screaming. I told you what I think, and gave you my reasons, and I adhere to that, and see no reason to change my mind.

Where do you imagine that I am "shouting and screaming" in my posts?

No answer to this, of course. Listen if you want to perpetuate a lie regarding your religious text, there is nothing I can do to stop you.

So have at it.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Choyo Chagas wrote:according to this two what-d'you-call-'em, it is obvious for successors - of the given hierarchy - to modify their predecessor's words (written or said)

this would be orwell's "1984"
i don't believe zerinus or littlenipper ever read it...

this is obvious
You know what, I read 1984 years ago and I can't recall everything about it. This much I know. When you have a piece of literature and it contains two fingerprints, you can't claim sole authorship on behalf of one author.

It doesn't work like that and it makes no logical sense (nor is it intellectually honest) to defend it as the work of one author.

sorry, i don't understand your answer, especially the last sentence; i took leave to underline it

here is the thougth i've referred (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four):
The protagonist of the novel, Winston Smith, is a member of the Outer Party, who works for the Ministry of Truth (or Minitrue in Newspeak), which is responsible for propaganda and historical revisionism. His job is to rewrite past newspaper articles, so that the historical record always supports the party line. The instructions that the workers receive portray the corrections as fixing misquotations and never as what they really are: forgeries and falsifications. A large part of the Ministry also actively destroys all documents that have not been edited and do not contain the revisions; in this way, no proof exists that the government is lying.

repeated...

Choyo Chagas wrote:... it is obvious for successors - of the given hierarchy - to modify their predecessor's words (written or said)

i have many piece of literature at hand

nothing to do with denial peterson
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.