End of Bogus DNA Criticism of The Book of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Re: End of Bogus DNA Criticism of The Book of Mormon

Post by _Nightlion »

Hagoth wrote:
Nightlion wrote: The darker skin was NOT the purpose of tweaking DNA. Not in the Lamanites nor in the Black populations from the beginning. Adam and Eve were of one end of the spectrum. For humanity to endure robustly required a variant DNA. A darker skin is simply the bye product of that tweaking.

The Book of Mormon says that God SPECIFICALLY CURSED the Lamanites for the SPECIFIC purposes of punishing them for their rebellion (Alma 3:6 ". . . skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion. . ." ) and making them unattractive to the lovely white Nephites (2 Nephi 5:21 ". . . a sore cursing . . . as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.")

I don't think you are authorized to override what the book actually says.

So, God should have reasoned with them and explained DNA and the need for a variant so their kids don't become idiots. If you were suddenly a new skin would you would consider it a curse? Would your neighbor? Of coarse. The fact that they were rebellious figures the moment chosen. Just like when the descendants of Cain utterly destroyed a people were then cursed. It was not because Cain became perdition that his descendants became black. it was because they were the first to commit all out war.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Hagoth wrote:
Nightlion wrote:I have never met another. I have heard of many claimer of such. But their works deny it.

Edit: removed comment.

shucks
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Nightlion wrote:
I have a question wrote:Here's why Nightlions OP premise is nonsense.

Belief in the Mormon Church has turned into a test of its members willingness to believe that the Book of Mormon is what it claims to be. But instead, it's really supposed to be a simple reinforcement that Jesus Christ was a real person and was the Son of God.

Were God wanting to test a persons belief in Jesus Christ, He would not have hidden all traces (including genetic ones) of the people who wrote the book that's supposed to provide a second testament of Jesus Christ. The whole focus is on wether the Nephites existed, which completely undermines what God intended in the first place. God would have to be real dumb not to have seen that coming.

Take the Bible - people aren't hunting around for where the Hebrews were, or where Bethlehem is. Why wouldn't God hide all of their DNA, all their bones and relics? Why isn't the Bible about a place and a people that cannot be indentified, because God wants to test us?

Nightlion will latch onto anything and everything that feeds his psychosis.

:lol: You think I am a Mormon and that I sustain the Church or give a rats ass about the cowardly pretenders who lead it? :lol:

No. I think you're an exmormon with psychosis and an axe to grind.

Like many hateful of God you lie like hell to yourself thinking people crazy for believing in God.
I don't hate God. I see no reason to believe in the supernatural or any reason to believe in someone or something to whom you attribute completely arbitrary and irrational credit.

Yeah, we are here to be proven. There is enough within the Book of Mormon to test your spiritual grit. Reject that which comes from God and the devil takes power over you. Over your mind and you passions. See how you waste your life fulfilling the will of your master. Like coward you pretend to hide behind the sorcery of evidence. Sorcery because there is no honesty about what you shout about.

I think you're a loon who is unable to agree to disagree. You have a nasty, irrational, spiteful streak that comes out every time somebody refuses to unconditionally accept you as the person who knows it all.

I think you're one of the least Christlike person I have ever come across.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

I have a question wrote:
Nightlion wrote: :lol: You think I am a Mormon and that I sustain the Church or give a rats ass about the cowardly pretenders who lead it? :lol:

No. I think you're an exmormon with psychosis and an axe to grind.
I don't hate God. I see no reason to believe in the supernatural or any reason to believe in someone or something to whom you attribute completely arbitrary and irrational credit.

I think you're a loon who is unable to agree to disagree. You have a nasty, irrational, spiteful streak that comes out every time somebody refuses to unconditionally accept you as the person who knows it all.

I think you're one of the least Christlike person I have ever come across.

All that vilification because I give no quarter to the fearful and unbelieving. Yet somehow I am the loon. I have been a pillar of consistency over twenty seven years of posting online. Just ask Philo. If insisting the gospel be done right, for zion's sake, is having an axe to grind, you give hypocrisy too much respect.
_Simon Southerton
_Emeritus

Post by _Simon Southerton »

2nd Nephi Chapter 5:21
And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

The church solved this problem a while back. The theory put forth in this scripture is now wrong.

"Today, the Church disavows the theories advanced in the past that black skin is a sign of divine disfavor or curse" LDS.ORG - Race and Priesthood Essay
LDS apologetics --> "It's not the crime, it's the cover-up, which creates the scandal."
"Bigfoot is a crucial part of the ecosystem, if he exists. So let's all help keep Bigfoot possibly alive for future generations to enjoy, unless he doesn't exist." - Futurama
_Hagoth
_Emeritus

Post by _Hagoth »

Nightlion wrote:It was not because Cain became perdition that his descendants became black. it was because they were the first to commit all out war.

You do realize that all of this is a racist myth that was used to justify the enslavement of Africans.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” - Mark Twain
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Simon Southerton wrote:
And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

The church solved this problem a while back. The theory put forth in this scripture is now wrong.

"Today, the Church disavows the theories advanced in the past that black skin is a sign of divine disfavor or curse" LDS.ORG - Race and Priesthood Essay

The opinions, judgments, decrees, preaching and writings of a gaggle of craven spiritual incompetents about matters they have for generations trampled under foot by abject disobedience and who thereby have a long legacy of condemnation and utter damnation for leading the people into multiple offenses again the Living God and because of those sins Jesus prophesied he would remove from them his gospel authority in 3 Nephi 16:10 count for Jack Squat today.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Hagoth wrote:
Nightlion wrote:It was not because Cain became perdition that his descendants became black. it was because they were the first to commit all out war.

You do realize that all of this is a racist myth that was used to justify the enslavement of Africans.

To the mythics all things are myth. And a tragically big mythstake. The Dutch or whomever went and asked if some Africans might be willing to harvest their own kind and sell them for slaves. It might have been the African's idea to begin with. American Christians justified their conscience the way you say. But they were not justified in their Bibles, as already cited above.
_Hagoth
_Emeritus

Post by _Hagoth »

Simon Southerton wrote:

Nightlion wrote:The opinions, judgments, decrees, preaching and writings of a gaggle of craven spiritual incompetents about matters they have for generations trampled under foot by abject disobedience and who thereby have a long legacy of condemnation and utter damnation for leading the people into multiple offenses...

Hey, I agree with both of you!
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” - Mark Twain