What the Church is doing to returned missionaries now? Wow

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_candygal
_Emeritus

Re: What the Church is doing to returned missionaries now? W

Post by _candygal »

My son went through a rough divorce and so stayed with me a while. Anyway, he moved out and lives in a huge house with 4 other guys who are attending USU. Two of them are return missionaries and told him that right after the homecoming..there was no return. Something is definitely happening to these young people when coming home..but treating them like children isn't going to cut it...most of them are already pissed off.

Interesting..one of the roommates mentioned that he and his companion would knock on a door..one would give the spill..the other one would stand behind and just say words..like banana..pizza..he said it was a proof that no one was listening to them.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

mocnarf wrote:
Exiled wrote:Maybe forcing RM's at gunpoint to stay true would work? I also heard some of Pol Pot's methods are being studied but would be put to use in a friendlier way.

Mohammad solved this problem 1500 years ago. In Islam it's simple: You leave, you die. Maybe the church needs to bring back the penalties in the endowment ceremony?

You know I was joking. Were you?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

mocnarf wrote:
Exiled wrote:Maybe forcing RM's at gunpoint to stay true would work? I also heard some of Pol Pot's methods are being studied but would be put to use in a friendlier way.

Mohammad solved this problem 1500 years ago. In Islam it's simple: You leave, you die. Maybe the church needs to bring back the penalties in the endowment ceremony?

Uhhh like those penalties were ever carried out on people???
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !