Google Search Hurting Muslims and Mormons

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Google Search Hurting Muslims and Mormons

Post by _Philo Sofee »

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeterso ... slims.html

The reason Google search is hurting religions is because it is finally exposing on a world wide scale how religion has lost its way and become the enslavers of societal mind instead of its liberator. I say cheers and bottoms up to MORE Google searches so we can finally become actually informed on things instead of being told by those with an agenda what is true and what is real.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Google Search Hurting Muslims and Mormons

Post by _moksha »

When Googlers do a search for Muslims and find an
Imam calling for the use of dowsing rods and a possible
jihad against his critics, it makes them wary of Islam.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

poor dan, constant battle to uphold and defend ... himself.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Religious leaders don't like the idea of checks and balances when it comes to information about sensitive or controversial religious matters. They consider anything on Google that portrays an unfavorable report on their religion to be anti -- consisting of lies and inaccurate information.

Religious leaders don't believe in fair and honest reporting outside of what they themselves report. But it is the religions including their leaders and apologists that report lies and inaccurate information as they peddle their garbage and enslave mankind as they have for thousands of years.

I am so happy to be free of religion! Free at last!
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

The only way authoritarians can control people is if they control speech and the flow of free information. I really hope we don't lose our way in the effort to protect people's sensibilities.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

Who can ever forget the immortal words of the Prophet Joseph Smith concerning Mormons and Muslims?

Joseph Smith Jr. said, and someone else obviously wrote:I will be to this generation a second Mohammed, whose motto in treating for peace was ‘the Alcoran [Koran] or the Sword.’ So shall it eventually be with us -- ‘Joseph Smith or the Sword!’

Joseph Smith, Jr. 1838
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

I will be to this generation a second Mohammed, whose motto in treating for peace was ‘the Alcoran [Koran] or the Sword.’ So shall it eventually be with us -- ‘Joseph Smith or the Sword!’

I am indelibly impressed with Joseph's prophetic ability!

Both of them were False Prophets.

I take it he viewed himself as "Jihad Joseph".
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

GameOver wrote:
I am indelibly impressed with Joseph's prophetic ability!

Both of them were False Prophets.

I take it he viewed himself as "Jihad Joseph".

Joseph Smith was definitely a proud man. In some ways he reminds me of Donald Trump. Run everybody over at any cost. Joseph Smith ran his mouth a lot and pretended to have all kinds of amazing spiritual gifts but all the while was a nothing but a showman and a charlatan.

In the end, the bus ran Jihad Joseph over. And his brother too.