Why Mormons Dominate MLMs

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Yahoo Bot
_Emeritus

Re: Why Mormons Dominate MLMs

Post by _Yahoo Bot »

As a libertarian I ask what is wrong with people getting involved in MLM schemes? They get a lot of psychic benefit. Who are you to condemn it? Do you really think the government is qualified to tell a single mother not to get involved in an MLM?

I have two different Mormon friends who were convinced each could make a fortune as a commodities speculator, decades apart. I had done some speculating as a college sophomore and ended up losing every dime committed to the task. About a thousand dollars. I warned my later friends that it was just outright gambling and 90% lose. They both ignored me and both lost everything. But who are we to put a stop to that?
_bcuzbcuz
_Emeritus

Post by _bcuzbcuz »

Yahoo Bot wrote:As a libertarian I ask what is wrong with people getting involved in MLM schemes? They get a lot of psychic benefit. Who are you to condemn it? Do you really think the government is qualified to tell a single mother not to get involved in an MLM?

I have two different Mormon friends who were convinced each could make a fortune as a commodities speculator, decades apart. I had done some speculating as a college sophomore and ended up losing every dime committed to the task. About a thousand dollars. I warned my later friends that it was just outright gambling and 90% lose. They both ignored me and both lost everything. But who are we to put a stop to that?

Been there, done that. My wife and I lost everything we owned. It wasn't a lot but it was all we had. We were sold on the idea by our bishop's counsellor. And we fell for it because we didn't ask the right kind of questions.
But a church leader would never lead us down the wrong path, right?
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love...you make. PMcC
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Yahoo Bot wrote:They get a lot of psychic benefit.

Lol... Good stuff. Not sure how you were a successful lawyer for so many years, but dang it you did it despite some personal challenges....

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

LDS theology is an MLM scheme. That's why Mormons are so good at MLMs. They practice the principles of MLM as a way of life.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist