My Zion Includes Ex-Mormons and Atheists

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

My Zion Includes Ex-Mormons and Atheists

Post by _Maksutov »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/my- ... 83622e7071

From the article:

Too often, I see lines drawn between Mormons and other Christians, or Mormons and ex-Mormons, or Religious People and Non-Religious People. This is painful to me because I don’t like to see us making enemies of people who could be our friends. I don’t like to play the game of solidifying our group’s boundaries by vilifying the “other” rather than trying for understanding. I also really dislike the kinds of stereotypes that I see on both sides of this, stereotypes I find unfair and demeaning. There is a lot of fear in these attitudes and I think fear isn’t a good way to go about living.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: My Zion Includes Ex-Mormons and Atheists

Post by _Kishkumen »

You and I are of one heart and one mind on this issue, Mak.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Re: My Zion Includes Ex-Mormons and Atheists

Post by _deacon blues »

My Ideal of Heaven is a place where Ezra Taft Benson and Martin Luther King are conversing, and learning from each; Or, perhaps George Carlin :lol: and Boyd Packer :neutral: . Is it impossible? With God (Truth xLove) all things are possible. :smile: