I must be having a bad night

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Runtu

Post by _Gazelam »

I in no way mean this in a smart-alec way. Try giving your wife a blessing (if you havent been ex-com'd) Even if you do not have the faith, she does, and it will make her feel much better.

Gaz
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Re: Runtu

Post by _Runtu »

Gazelam wrote:I in no way mean this in a smart-alec way. Try giving your wife a blessing (if you havent been ex-com'd) Even if you do not have the faith, she does, and it will make her feel much better.

Gaz

I would give her a blessing if she asked. And I didn't take it in a smart-alec way.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I think in this case it would be good to offer. its wrong to go through a hospital offering, but I think your expected to when its family.

Thanks.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

Merry Christmas and happy holidays back to you.

Just hold on. The rollercoaster always goes back up....and then back down....and then back up.

As you well know, I'm sure.

Peace.
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Runtu...I hope your wife is doing better. When will she be able to resume the thyroid meds?

I do agree that there is nothing wrong with giving her a blessing...no matter what your official Church position is. She might appreciate it if you asked her.

It's a blessing of comfort, and could help her feel better. You don't have to have any official priesthood position to do that.

*HUGS*

Have a good weekend, and Happy Holidays.

Liz

:)