Which LDS distortions have you noticed?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Amore
_Emeritus

Re: Which LDS distortions have you noticed?

Post by _Amore »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Amore wrote:Yeah, good point. In that sense truth depends on perspective and focus.

How do you figure out which perspective to focus on?

The one pointing toward the whole.....

What do you mean? Incorporate a bit of all you can imagine?

A psychologist suggested that without the emotional sensing part of the brain, we couldn’t do much. Emotion seems to be the means which selects which, out of the many possibles perspectives, to focus on. But for most, it’s chosen subconsciously and reactively. How do you think it’s best to choose proactively and intentionally?
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Amore wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:A sense of smug superiority that they have special wisdom that separates them from the herd. Some never recover from it.

Having been bullied, sexually and physically abused and ran away as a teen - I was never really part of any herd. But you’re right - sometimes because of that I sometimes see that as superior.

I’m truly sorry that happened to you. No child deserves that kind of treatment.

So why do you engage in conduct that encourages LBGT youth to be subjected to exactly the same treatment?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Amore wrote:Having been bullied, sexually and physically abused and ran away as a teen - I was never really part of any herd. But you’re right - sometimes because of that I sometimes see that as superior.

I’m truly sorry that happened to you. No child deserves that kind of treatment.

So why do you engage in conduct that encourages LBGT youth to be subjected to exactly the same treatment?

Thank you. I agree that nobody deserves that, but life isn’t fair - in some ways to one’s advantage and sometimes to one’s disadvantage.

ALL teenagers struggle, not just those who have been sexually abused and developed deviated sexual preferences. TRUTH is what these teenagers need - not lies. Truth is what will help them not be suicidal. Lies - like pretending eg: a man is a woman - is cruel and likely contributes to depression, anxiety and suicide.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Mistaking the word boring for the word "click-bait".
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Amore wrote:ALL teenagers struggle, not just those who have been sexually abused and developed deviated sexual preferences. TRUTH is what these teenagers need - not lies. Truth is what will help them not be suicidal. Lies - like pretending eg: a man is a woman - is cruel and likely contributes to depression, anxiety and suicide.

No, the type of cruelty you dish out is what likely contributes to depression, anxiety, and suicide. When you tell teenagers, as you do, that they are sexual deviants or that they are mentally ill because they are attracted to the same sex or identify with the opposite gender, you inflict cruel, damaging mental abuse on them. Why you would choose to do that after being cruelty abused yourself is baffling to me. Why would you choose to do that?

You’ve spread the kind of false and misleading propaganda that is used to justify assaulting, jailing, and even killing gay folk. If you want truth, here’s truth for you: when people are not forced by society to fit into rigidly defined gender roles based solely on their genetilia, how they relate to sex and gender is pretty damn fluid. And, unless their heads are filled with anti-gay propaganda from busybodies like you, the kids who do fit into the rigid stereotypes are pretty darn supportive of kids that don’t. You’re not spreading truth — you’re spreading hate based on your arrogant assumption that you know what’s best.

Maybe I don’t understand the effects of abuse. Maybe this is what they refer to as the cycle of abuse. I just don’t get why someone who suffered abuse at the hand of a human would turn around and inflict abuse on other humans.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

moksha wrote:Mistaking the word boring for the word "click-bait".

You really need to avoid bringing your SeN board stuff over here. :confused:
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

moksha wrote:
moksha wrote:Mistaking the word boring for the word "click-bait".

You really need to avoid bringing your SeN board stuff over here. :confused:

Sewer is as sewer does, that's what momma always says.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:40 am
Amore wrote:ALL teenagers struggle, not just those who have been sexually abused and developed deviated sexual preferences. TRUTH is what these teenagers need - not lies. Truth is what will help them not be suicidal. Lies - like pretending eg: a man is a woman - is cruel and likely contributes to depression, anxiety and suicide.
No, the type of cruelty you dish out is what likely contributes to depression, anxiety, and suicide. When you tell teenagers, as you do, that they are sexual deviants or that they are mentally ill because they are attracted to the same sex or identify with the opposite gender, you inflict cruel, damaging mental abuse on them. Why you would choose to do that after being cruelty abused yourself is baffling to me. Why would you choose to do that?

You’ve spread the kind of false and misleading propaganda that is used to justify assaulting, jailing, and even killing gay folk. If you want truth, here’s truth for you: when people are not forced by society to fit into rigidly defined gender roles based solely on their genetilia, how they relate to sex and gender is pretty damn fluid. And, unless their heads are filled with anti-gay propaganda from busybodies like you, the kids who do fit into the rigid stereotypes are pretty darn supportive of kids that don’t. You’re not spreading truth — you’re spreading hate based on your arrogant assumption that you know what’s best.

Maybe I don’t understand the effects of abuse. Maybe this is what they refer to as the cycle of abuse. I just don’t get why someone who suffered abuse at the hand of a human would turn around and inflict abuse on other humans.
How can you justify encouraging or supporting mutilating a child’s sexual parts and yet accuse me of being abusive just for POINTING OUT TRUTHS - like a man is a man???