Racism trending in Mormonism

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13029
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: Racism trending in Mormonism

Post by Kevin Graham »

So Kevin, when you and your wife want to have Children do you say: "Honey, I think it is time we resume breeding."


No, but neither do we say "let's go procreate tonight!"

If you're too stupid to understand basic terms and how they are properly used, then this isn't my problem.

Incidentally, just today Darth J used the same word in reference to human reproduction: "The reason people practice polygamy to breed more rapidly is the lag time from gestation."

Selective outrage anyone?

User avatar
Bazooka
God
Posts: 10719
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Racism trending in Mormonism

Post by Bazooka »

Thain Daniels wrote:So Kevin, when you and your wife want to have Children do you say: "Honey, I think it is time we resume breeding."

If I'm an idiot, you are a hypocrite with selective outrage.


Kevin has privileged this forum with images of himself and his wife.
I'm guessing that when his wife intimates she wants to conduct the act of procreation Kevin yells "Ho mama" and hot foots it up the stairs as fast as he can.
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)

Thain Daniels
Sunbeam
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:44 am

Re: Racism trending in Mormonism

Post by Thain Daniels »

Bazooka wrote:
Thain Daniels wrote:So Kevin, when you and your wife want to have Children do you say: "Honey, I think it is time we resume breeding."

If I'm an idiot, you are a hypocrite with selective outrage.


Kevin has privileged this forum with images of himself and his wife.
I'm guessing that when his wife intimates she wants to conduct the act of procreation Kevin yells "Ho mama" and hot foots it up the stairs as fast as he can.


Good point. Kevin must have been an excellent missionary. :)

Thain Daniels
Sunbeam
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:44 am

Re: Racism trending in Mormonism

Post by Thain Daniels »

Kevin Graham wrote:If you're too stupid to understand basic terms and how they are properly used, then this isn't my problem.


Come on, Kevin. You aren't exactly shy about your disdain for Islam. Your use of the term was as pejorative. Animals BREED.

Oh, and there is no question that I'm a complete d__a__.

Incidentally, just today Darth J used the same word in reference to human reproduction: "The reason people practice polygamy to breed more rapidly is the lag time from gestation."

Selective outrage anyone?


I wouldn't call it selective outrage. Rather, you are just much more fun to troll. In fact, I doubt anyone is capable of trolling DarthJ.

User avatar
lostindc
God
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Racism trending in Mormonism

Post by lostindc »

Thain Daniels wrote:I wouldn't call it selective outrage. Rather, you are just much more fun to troll. In fact, I doubt anyone is capable of trolling DarthJ.


There is a lot of truth in this statement. Kevin gets upset rather easily. DarthJ is a man of words and can pretty much deconstruct any argument thrown his way in a rather calm manner.
2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13029
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: Racism trending in Mormonism

Post by Kevin Graham »

Hey, I don't take kindly to being called a racist or a bigot, even in the context of being "trolled." Who would? But don't confuse my appropriate use of the idiot word with anger.

There is a lot of truth in this statement. Kevin gets upset rather easily. DarthJ is a man of words and can pretty much deconstruct any argument thrown his way in a rather calm manner.


Let's see.

whyme: "He knew that he indirectl got the Mormons expelled from nauvoo."

Darth_J: "That is f*****g b***s***."


I see what you mean. If I could only live up to the godlike humility and calmness of our Lord Sith.
Last edited by Kevin Graham on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13029
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: Racism trending in Mormonism

Post by Kevin Graham »

Yoda wrote:Kevin, you and I have been friends for a long time. And I hope you take my comments as non-provoking. That is not what I am trying to do. First of all, I agree that the statements that that nut said were awful. I don't think that anyone disputes that. (At least, I would hope not!)

Actually, I think you did Dan a favor by pointing this post out to him because he honestly has never heard of this guy, and, I believe, is in the process of de-friending him. I think it probably would have been a nicer gesture if you had contacted Dan privately about this rather than start a public thread about it, and, in a rather passive-aggressive way, accuse Dan of "letting things go" when it comes to racist comments from LDS members as opposed to non or anti-LDS members. I just don't think it was fair to assume that Dan was close friends with this guy, or supported, or, at the very least, "simply looked the other way", when it came to this guy's comments.

As an infrequent user of Facebook, I can empathize with Dan's position on this one. I often go weeks, sometimes months without checking Facebook, and I would be really upset if I was accused of having any type of racist proclivities simply because of something some idiot who commented on one of my Facebook threads had said.


Again, I'm not saying Dan is racist based on this. I know that a person on a Facebook "friends" list isn't necessary a close friend which is why I put the word in quotes. But my frustration comes from the fact that Dan goes after some and yet turns a blind eye when it it comes to worse offenses made by his fellow Latter-day Saints, and people he closely associates with. Maybe he never saw this post, and maybe he never saw any of this guy's posts. That's quite possible. But if this were the first and only example of a Dan Peterson "friend" making such remarks I never would have commented on it.

Besides, Dan's crazy defense of Will Schryver is enough to give pause to anyone wanting to give Dan the benefit of the doubt. We know for a fact he operates within a double standard.

But my main point with this thread is the ever growing racist mentality that thrives in Mormonism. Seriously, some of the worst racist remarks I have ever seen on Facebook are from friends of other Mormon friends, and rarely do I ever see anyone from the Church speak up to condemn them. This is about years of anecdotal experience, not just one remark by some weirdo who happens to be LDS.

Thain Daniels
Sunbeam
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:44 am

Re: Racism trending in Mormonism

Post by Thain Daniels »

Kevin Graham wrote:Hey, I don't take kindly to being called a racist or a bigot, even in the context of being "trolled." Who would? But don't confuse my appropriate use of the idiot word with anger.


Fair enough, Kevin.

But in all seriousness -- no trolling -- do you see how referring to Muslims "breeding" may be offensive?

And for the record, I don't believe Kevin is a racist or a bigot. Just a passionate guy.

User avatar
Darth J
Dark Lord of the Sith
Posts: 13392
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Re: Racism trending in Mormonism

Post by Darth J »

Kevin Graham wrote:
whyme: "He knew that he indirectl got the Mormons expelled from nauvoo."

Darth_J: "That is f*****g b***s***."


I see what you mean. If I could only live up to the godlike humility and calmness of our Lord Sith.


Why are you assuming I wasn't calm when I said that?

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13029
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: Racism trending in Mormonism

Post by Kevin Graham »

I know, right?

The use of swear words doesn't necessarily indicate anger.

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13029
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: Racism trending in Mormonism

Post by Kevin Graham »

Thain Daniels wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:Hey, I don't take kindly to being called a racist or a bigot, even in the context of being "trolled." Who would? But don't confuse my appropriate use of the idiot word with anger.


Fair enough, Kevin.

But in all seriousness -- no trolling -- do you see how referring to Muslims "breeding" may be offensive?

And for the record, I don't believe Kevin is a racist or a bigot. Just a passionate guy.


No I really don't.

And for the record, I made the comment many years ago in the comments section of an obscure internet piece. The only reason any one knows about it is because Bob Crockett was googling me trying to dig up evidence of racism.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], msnobody and 21 guests