"To Young Men Only" pamphlet (pdf)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_ZelphtheGreat
_Emeritus

Re: "To Young Men Only" pamphlet (pdf)

Post by _ZelphtheGreat »

Droopy wrote:Great hate-fest. Mormondiscussions.com - "bigotry is Us."

Holds up quite well, in a secularist sense, with the worst of Martin, Decker etc.

So take a rest and go to my post asking what LIES the Nauvoo Expositor published.

Would love to have your great intellect point them out. Maybe Monson & henchmen will read the answer and finally say what they were. No one else has been able to do so.

Go ahead wilting one..., we are waiting.

Meanwhile... think I'll go park the car in the garage
“If paying tithing means that you can’t pay for water or electricity, pay tithing. If paying tithing means that you can’t pay your rent, pay tithing. Even if paying tithing means that you don’t have enough money to feed your family, pay tithing." Ensign/2012/12
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

For me, the most sounding thing about this pamphlet that it is not available as "Conference Talk".

FYI
"An address given at the Priesthood Session of General Conference, October 2, 1976"
Keyword:
THE CHURCH has nothing to hide...

by the way we had a bishop called Tihamér Tóth.
- a priest for 27.9 years
- a bishop for .9 years
- and the word priest and bishop have a little different meaning than in Mormonism...

Here is one of his books:
This book is his reflection on the virtues necessary to be a truly virtuous young man. In The Young Man of Character, Bishop Toth seeks to create real, manly character in the souls of the young, and does so by examining, point by point, each aspect necessary to the development of that character. Far from something belonging to another century or generation, this insigthful work has perhaps never been more needed than in our own age, when manly virtue is attacked, and true chivalry is scorned.

As a young Roman Catholic, I've read that book.
Among others, I remember "masturbation causes myelanalosis". (Wasting of spinal marrow.)

Packer has his spiritual ancestors in the abominable church.
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

It's really sad that so many LDS men and boys have beaten themselves up over feeling guilty of breaking Boyd KKK Packer's laws of human sexuality. Packer and Kimball have caused a lot of heartache and grief through their pious priestcraft and pretended revelation which they think they got from the Mormon lord, the Book of Mormon Jezzus.

History will not be kind to he LDS church as the future continues to enfold. Hundreds of years from now the church will be forced to evolve into something quite different than what it is now provided it is still an organization or belief system. Eventually, the LDS faith will completely die off as other religions have done over the course of earth history. The days of Mormonism are numbered. It cannot be sustained forever. Time is its greatest enemy. With each passing day the Mormon Jezzus doesn't come back and the prophecies remain unfulfilled, we see that the writing really is on the temple wall. Turn out the lights. The party is over. Everyone go home.

Paul O
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

1 :cry: 3 :neutral: 5 :smile: :razz: :biggrin: 9 :eek:
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Shulem wrote:I hope that this ugly pamphlet will serve as star evidence against the church when it gets it ass sued for child abuse on a grand scale

I had a lot of sleepless nights because I didn't M. I bet not sleeping well is bad for your health.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Shulem wrote:I hope that this ugly pamphlet will serve as star evidence against the church when it gets it ass sued for child abuse on a grand scale

I had a lot of sleepless nights because I didn't M. I bet not sleeping well is bad for your health.

I know what you mean. When I think about all the wonderful O's I missed out on it really pisses me off. There ain't nothing worse then lying awake in bed feeling tortured and too scared to sin.

I'm so mad at myself for falling for that Mormon garbage.

:evil:
_2bizE
_Emeritus

Post by _2bizE »

In 2016, the church quietly discontinued printing the Little Factory pamphlet and put it out to pasture. In remembrance of the booklet, I wrote the following on another blog:

I am saddened by the closing of the little factory. For years it created such a wonderful product. The little factory was erected many years ago through the strong hands of many men, women, boys and girls. At its climax, it produced large quantities of life bringing seed every day. It helped assuaged the body of hunger and stress for many people, and became a strong, hard, and mighty pillar of hope and satisfaction for individuals across the world. People from all walks of life would come again and again to visit the little factory if it only would stay open longer. Please do not get choked up for the loss of the little factory. Do not let this change rub you in the wrong way. Rather, let's all raise our hands to a job well done for so many years of service. As we reflect on the challenges faced by the little factory, may God help us hold tightly to the rod of iron to ensure we do not lose grasp of those things most important in our lives the little factory has provided.
~ 2BizE
_mcjathan
_Emeritus

Post by _mcjathan »

2bizE wrote:In 2016, the church quietly discontinued printing the Little Factory pamphlet and put it out to pasture. In remembrance of the booklet, I wrote the following on another blog:

I am saddened by the closing of the little factory. For years it created such a wonderful product. The little factory was erected many years ago through the strong hands of many men, women, boys and girls. At its climax, it produced large quantities of life bringing seed every day. It helped assuaged the body of hunger and stress for many people, and became a strong, hard, and mighty pillar of hope and satisfaction for individuals across the world. People from all walks of life would come again and again to visit the little factory if it only would stay open longer. Please do not get choked up for the loss of the little factory. Do not let this change rub you in the wrong way. Rather, let's all raise our hands to a job well done for so many years of service. As we reflect on the challenges faced by the little factory, may God help us hold tightly to the rod of iron to ensure we do not lose grasp of those things most important in our lives the little factory has provided.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Did the young women have an equivalent pamphlet that addressed masturbation? Or were church leaders just concerned about what young boys were doing?
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Fence Sitter wrote:Did the young women have an equivalent pamphlet that addressed masturbation? Or were church leaders just concerned about what young boys were doing?

It's all coming back to haunt the church now. Mormon leaders thought they could get away with abusing boys forever but that is all about to end. The church is about to lose their power of the crotch and that spells certain doom for the LDS cult because it will result in huge economic losses in terms of future tithing donations and continuous lawsuits.

Sue the Mormon church! Sue the Mormon church!