Darwinian Evolution!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.

Darwinian Evolution!

Total votes: 0

_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Re: Darwinian Evolution!

Post by _Ceeboo »

Let me see if I have this all straight:

On another thread, a portion of a reply that I was making to Themis was as follows:
Ceeboo wrote:Seriously? I have probably discussed the topic of evolution more than anyone on this entire board. You may not appreciate and/or agree with my views on it but surely you must admit that I am not afraid to discuss it.

I would think that most people (at least most rational people who maintain some basic level of balance and understanding of discussion boards) would have clearly noticed the word "probably" and they also would have probably noticed - by reading the rest of the quote - that I was not suggesting that I "probably knew more" about the topic but that I was simply suggesting that I was not afraid to have conversations about evolution - and that I indeed have had numerous conversation about evolution over the years. In other words - I participated in many discussions on the topic of evolution.

Then - Cam and I had the following exchange:
Ceeboo wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Can you point us to a thread where you've discussed evolution "more than anyone else on this board?"

- Doc

No!

But if you're interested, you can look it up. You will probably find numerous threads that were started by me on things like symbiotic relationships, raccoon/whale, migration, abiogenesis, Sexual reproduction, mitosis, Huxley's embryo, peppered moths, etc.

I wasn't interested in looking up things to prove anything to Cam - I was having a conversation with Themis. I told Cam - as is clearly stated in the above exchange- that if he was interested, he could look it up for himself. I already know what that I have has many discussions - because I was the one who had them!

I guess he was interested, because he implies that he did look and says:

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Yeah I don't see anything.

- Doc

So, after I replied to Cam with a gif suggesting that he was blind (not finding anything) - what happens next is fascinating! KG looks it up! (I guess KG - who has clearly developed a very unhealthy and bizarre obsession with me - was really interested in this small and insignificant portion of the conversation I was having with Themis too) As a matter of fact, KG was so interested that he injected himself into the mix!

And because KG has proven himself to be so balanced and even-handed with all of his board contributions ------ Doc Cam was completely convinced by KG's research thus making him he more than comfortable and confident to go ahead and provide me the following good gestures:

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Ceeboo was running his dumb [Telestial content deleted] about discussing evolution more than anyone else on this board.

He doesn't.

- Doc

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Stop being a little bitch, lying about your contributions to the forum, and then playing the victim card when called out.

- Doc

While I have exactly zero interest in discussing KG's reason for selecting the examples he did (I really don't care what threads he brings back from years past - and I don't care what he thinks about my participation in said threads) - I do want to point out the research he did when he "bumped" the two threads. One was a poll about evolution that I authored years ago and the other was a thread that Dr.W authored about abiogenesis titled "Abiogenesis for Ceeboo"

Now, let's skip the poll thread because it has almost nothing to do with my comment to Themis - and consider the other one that Dr.W authored. Putting aside how kind it was for Dr.W to spend his time writing the OP of that thread (i'm pretty sure I expressed my appreciation to him back then as well) why do you suppose he picked the title "Abiogenesis for Ceeboo?" Do you think it possibly might mean that he made a thread on abiogenesis - as a break off from another thread on evolution that was goig on with my participation - and was offering his thoughts and knowledge on that aspect of it to me (and others)?

But what about the other things I mentioned to Themis?
What about the peppered moths? I remember discussing this with Honor -That wasn't in either of KG's threads he "bumped from 5 years ago.
What about symbiotic relationships? I remember discussing the cleaner fish and shark. That wasn't in either example?
What about the evolution of male/female sexual reproduction? I remember discussing that with many folks years ago, especially Harold? That wasn't in there either.
What about Mitosis? I remember discussing that too. No mention in the two bumped threads that were "selected" to bump.
What about migration of birds? I remember discussing this with Dr.W and others. Nothing in the solid research that has labeled me the "liar and outed"
What about Huxley's embryo? I remember discussing that - Nothing about that mentioned either.
What about the infamous whale/raccoon? God - I have discussed that on this board more times than I would like to admit - Yet even that isn't in the proof of my non-discussions.
What about Young Earth Creationists? I remember discussing that
What about theistic evolutionists? I remember discussing that.
What about literal years in Genesis? I remember thata
What about the book "My Inner Fish?" I remember discussing that.
What about bacteria or plants or algae? I remember discussing all of these things
What about the evolution of the eye? I recall that
What about the number of times I was called ignorant? I remember that
What about Dr Dino or Ken Ham? I remember discussing those guys
What about the geologic column? I remember discussing that
What about Gould? I remember discussing him
What about the celecant fish (SP?) I remember discussing that
What about the fish with eyes that did't yet work/see? I remember Dr.W discussing that
What about Lucy? I remember discussing that set of human bones
What about the "Blind Watch Maker?" I remember discussing that book
What about trilobytes (SP?) I remember discussing them
What about ancient worms compared to modern worms? I remember discussing that
What about the eruption of Mt St Helen? I remember discussing that
What about the evolution of the flying squirrel?I remember discussing that
What about the pictures of Jesus riding a dino? I remember all of those
What about the Grand Canyon? I remember discussion on that

What about the Cambrian explosion? - or the Galapagos Island? Or Whale bones? Or the initial singularity? - Or the red shift? - Or light years? or the prehistoric earth's atmosphere? etc, etc, etc. I distinctly remember discussing all of these things and more on this board? None of these were in the mere two threads that were chosen to depict me as liar and as someone who has not discussed anything about evolution....except for posting a few gifs.

Like I told Themis - I may be dead wrong on everything - Folks may not agree with what I posted - but as sure as I sit here, I am 100% certain that I discussed evolution - and discussed it - and discussed it.

This entire thing was and is a bunch of BS!

Ceeboo out!
Last edited by Guest on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Themis wrote:While I agree that Ceeboo is wrong on his claim to have discussed the topic more then anyone here,

Yeah. Trust me when I tell you I wish I had worded that a little differently. :lol:
I take his main meaning that he has been involved at some level in many of the evolution threads over the years.

Of course that's what I meant.

Peace,
Ceeboo
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Likely theory.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Themis wrote:While I agree that Ceeboo is wrong on his claim to have discussed the topic more then anyone here, I take his main meaning that he has been involved at some level in many of the evolution threads over the years. I think that is better then a lot of others who will avoid the topic all together, but do wish many would take a little time to understand the basics.

He said this to prove he was very willing to discuss the subject. But in one of the threads I looked up, which he started, he quite literally said he wasn't interested in discussing it. Apparently, he just wanted to gif the hell out of us for a while.

And this is what stuck out at me more than anything. Ceeboo is not known for discussing much at all. Occasionally he'll drop a hit and run post by Dennis Prager or some other obscure website but then when asked for feedback of his own he'll dance around the subject with gifs. So when I saw him claim to be, even "probably", the one person who "discusses" this the most, I knew immediately he was full of it. I remember heavy discussions on the subject of evolution dating all the way back to 2009. I remember they got intense, and I can recall comments from EA, The Dude, Tarski, and several other science gurus. I remember them because they left a profound impact on me, so much so that I completely changed my mind on the subject. If you look up some of the really old threads you'll see that I was a religious guy arguing for intelligent design. The difference between Ceeboo and I is that I would actually engage the issue, expose my weaknesses and allow myself to be refuted. Ceeboo doesn't engage beyond a gleeful "Hi ________ so nice to see you again, hope you're doing well :smile: :smile: :smile: (insert irrelevant gif)"