DCP Discusses Peer Review at FARMS

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

I was just wondering: is Plutarch ever going to supply either Rollo or myself with his copy of that letter which effectively "contradicts" the work of Bagley and Brooks? Or is this sort of like that missing "Hill Cumorah" letter which Bill Hamblin conveniently "mislaid"?
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Kevin Graham earlier wrote in this thread:

FARMS Review 15/2 Editor's Introduction: Of "Galileo Events" (in reference to Sunstone Symposium)
FR 15/2 in a nutshell: Three reviews of pro-LDS books (including Hugh Nibley: A Consecrated Life) and twelve articles dedicated to responding to critics of things LDS, five of which were responding to the same critic! Oh yeah, there was also a review of “Most Moved Mover: A Theology of God's Openness.” But of course, this was reviewed not as a result of FARMS being involved in “Ancient Scripture,” but because of the apologetic value this book offers for LDS apologists.

Five of those FARMS Review were responding to the 'critic' Grant H. Palmer's Book titled, 'An Insider's View of Mormon Origins.' I did Not like the Review that Davis Bitton did of Grant Palmer's Book. His Review was titled, 'The Charge of a Man with a Broken Lance (But Look What He Doesn't Tell Us).' That was one of the worst FARMS Revies that I have ever read. I did however kind of like the Article that was written by Brian D. Stubbs titled 'Elusive Israel and the Numerical Dynamics of Population Mixing' in the FARMS Review Volume 15 #2.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Discusses Peer Review at FARMS

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

This is an old interesting thread for anyone who wants a better understanding of the "peer review" process at the Mormon Interpreter.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Discusses Peer Review at FARMS

Post by _Philo Sofee »

If they weren't so utterly egotistical, Interpreter editors would realize what a gift they have in this message board and its critiques of their arguments, scholarship, etc. Using peer review from outside sources is just intelligent. Using it from people who always and already agree with your conclusions which have been preordained, not so much.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."