The Dude's psychedelic MAD post

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Time to go to the grocery store and buy some whip cream.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

Well, I like these personal threads sometimes. Especially about this topic.

I pretty much stick to weed these days, but I've had over 50 trips, not more than 80, on acid and seven or eight on mushrooms. And then there was the ecstacy.

First, about bad trips on shrooms. Yes, guaranteed it can happen. I had a very bad trip on the beach in Bali. Others have been nothing special, either way. My first trip on shrooms, high school graduation, no less, and the following evening was superb. First class, more like ecstacy, than LSD.

But, I highly agree with what has been said above: they are fickle. Set and setting and proper dosage is very important.

Problems with Bali: ate one hour after landing, don't know how much we ate, etc. However, the setting was fine.

It's funny. I haven't experienced what Will/Provis mentioned in his post about long-term use bringing out the demons in someone. Rather, to be honest, I have seen it all. Of course, this is all anecdotal over about eight years of living intimately with ravers from all around the world, though based in Tokyo, or somewhere else in Japan. I saw some that should stop usage. There are many who use such substances responsibly. I think I have.

My feeling about mushrooms vs. lsd is a reliability thing. Assuming the following: that you know the dosage and how much you want to take, I thnk LSD is much less fickle than the mushrooms. I don't have a problem with LSD being a chemical and mushrooms being natural, per se.

I think there are all kinds of experiences one can have on entheogens that to me seemed exactly like Mormon spiritual revelations. One time I was sure that I had experienced pure strokes of intelligence come into my mind (one of my top 10'ers) just as I had when I was a good Mormon, only that I was hiking through the mountains west of Tokyo, alone on two hits of LSD. Not so much, but enough.

I have never experienced Nirvana or oneness through Buddhist training, but I have experienced what I thought was Nirvana, on acid, beside a beautiful, secluded mountain lake, in the early, warm spring, with Rave music blasting in the background, and ravers tripping everywhere.

What I have benefitted from most by was my ecstacy usage, actually. While you get a little of the hallucinogenic experience, you don't get with LSD as you do with Ecstacy an emotional component that is very special. I imagine it would be very good for people with emotional blockages, including childtraumas, non-functional families, abuse issues. It is very special. Best to be done with a loved one in private or with a group of close friends. Also good at raves.

But, I should say here that purity and proper dosage and then set and setting is everything. And then don't abuse it. Ecstacy no more than four times a year. Acid once every couple of years sounds about right.

Anyway, I'm sure when i was younger I would have thought looking at me now, that I was quite a conservative. But, I really can't imagine however living and not experiencing these things. They can be unforgettable. I am not exactly sure what the moral issue is about respectable usage of these substances. I see nothing moral or immoral about it. Actually.
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland