The issue of "balance" on MormonDiscussions.com

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Dr. Shades wrote:IMPORTANT ADD-ON:

I forgot to mention something in the opening post. Let's say why me's worst fears come true and this board becomes dominated by critics. EVEN SO, we still have an Ace-in-the-hole which ought to keep this board fun & vibrant for some time to come: The fact that we, unlike any other board, allow cross-posting from anywhere.

Most boards are jealous of their own content and refuse to allow discussions of the goings-on at other boards. Not us. So anyone who is banned from or dissatisfied with any other board is free to vent about it here. For that matter, if an interesting thread is closed on any other board, anyone is free to drop in and keep the discussion going over here.

I think the saving grace for this forum will be the celestial board, if too many critics come over to the Discussionsboard. I do believe that all know just what can and can't be posted there. And I want to thank Shades for addressing concerns.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Shades,

Your plan is a good one.

The only thing I see that needs improving is forcing those who post obscenities and attacks to keep it in the telestial fourm. That way other can avoid their bad behavior or go partake. Their choice.