Are the MADmods Censoring Sig Lines?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

He speaks more softly, but he carries the same big stick.

And he still has his blog--somewhere. I think he was moving it to a different server last I checked.

So am I the only clueless person who doesn't know gad's new incarnation??? And I thought I knew his style so well.

Ok, I guess..... PLUTARCH.

Well, I always like finding out that other people don't have the massive amounts of willpower I imagine them having and wish I had. ("heh")

Next thing I know you'll be telling me EA posts here under a new incarnation, too.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Alter Idem
_Emeritus

Post by _Alter Idem »

Sethbag, I liked the one quote you had by Kemara--what was it? Something like "Congratulations, you just scored 100% on the stupid scale" It always gave me a chuckle when I'd read it.

Actually, I don't know why Charity wanted you to remove her comment. I'd take it as a compliment if someone quoted me in their signature line--It means You've Arrived! Most of us rack up the posts with little or no feedback from others, never knowing if anyone even reads what we write.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Alter Idem wrote:Sethbag, I liked the one quote you had by Kemara--what was it? Something like "Congratulations, you just scored 100% on the stupid scale" It always gave me a chuckle when I'd read it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it something like, "Congratulations, you've just scored 99 out of a 100 on the Stupid Scale"?

Actually, I don't know why Charity wanted you to remove her comment. I'd take it as a compliment if someone quoted me in their signature line--It means You've Arrived! Most of us rack up the posts with little or no feedback from others, never knowing if anyone even reads what we write.

Depends on who's doing the sig line quoting. I, for example, was immortalized in Juliann's sig line (out of context no less). I've been sick ever since.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

The Charity quote that was ninja-modded a few weeks ago was basically Charity explaining that it's possible for someone to want something to be true enough that they find ways of convincing themselves, or something like that. It was 100% pure cast bronze irony. Of course, she meant it to apply to critics, and just stepped in it.

One of my all-time favorite quotes that I had of Hammer, which served faithfull duty for a couple months or so before I rotated it out, was Hammer explaining that there had never in fact been a credible moon landing. It was in the context of defending a statement of a former prophet or apostle who had said man wouldn't land on the moon or something like that. I'd have to look it up to find the exact quote again. Pretty seriously funny stuff though.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Alter Idem wrote:I'd take it as a compliment if someone quoted me in their signature line--It means You've Arrived!

I agree. I took it--and still take it--as the ultimate compliment that The Dude has me quoted in his signature line at MA&D. Even DCP commented on it, which was icing on the cake.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Alter Idem wrote:I'd take it as a compliment if someone quoted me in their signature line--It means You've Arrived!

I agree. I took it--and still take it--as the ultimate compliment that The Dude has me quoted in his signature line at MA&D. Even DCP commented on it, which was icing on the cake.

I guess that I can no longer really see it as much of a compliment, since I have been "sigged" so many times by various posters, including DCP (multiple times), Will Schryver, Sput, and some others, if I'm not mistaken....
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

http://www.mormonapologetics.org/index.php?s=cf705ce291bac1ac7c9157da38bb9c0a&showtopic=22162

This really deserves its own thread, but Scratch will certainly appreciate it.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Mister Scratch wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:I agree. I took it--and still take it--as the ultimate compliment that The Dude has me quoted in his signature line at MA&D. Even DCP commented on it, which was icing on the cake.

I guess that I can no longer really see it as much of a compliment, since I have been "sigged" so many times by various posters, including DCP (multiple times), Will Schryver, Sput, and some others, if I'm not mistaken....

To clarify, it was the ultimate compliment to be sigged by The Dude. If I'd been sigged by any other MA&Dite, it wouldn't be quite the same achievement.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley