It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I am about to resign from the Church...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:34 pm 
God

My parents converted to Mormonism after a family member tragically passed away. An ad on TV and then a knock on the door and my parents became Mormons. I was raised in the northeastern U.S. as a member along with my three siblings. I left Church activity in early high school and returned at the end of college. As an adult, I had maybe about a couple months where I really believed the Mormon Church is true, the rest of the time I carried doubts. I maintained activity until my early 30s and then I left. I have a gay brother and he left and built an incredible life. I have a sister that left in high school. I have another brother that stayed and is a closed-minded TBM. My parents are hardcore Mormons.

Anyways, I got to this message board years back and at the time I was an active Mormon. The conversations on this board helped change me. So many posters helped me feel comfortable with leaving the Church. My kids aren't baptized. My wife left the Church. We're much happier outside of the Church. Life is good, thanks to all here.

I plan to resign from the Church this week. I no longer want my name tethered with Church.

I know the Church isn't true.

In the name of Mormon Discussions, Amen.

2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong

Post subject: Re: I am about to resign from the Church...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:49 pm 
God

Lostindc,

You're a good man and I always enjoy your posts. I wish you the best on your journey.

By the way, and I'm being completely serious here. Mormon doctrine can be so inconsistent and wacky, if by chance (and by chance I mean 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000) the Church is true, all you have to do is get baptized in the Spirit World and exaltation is still yours. It's one of the lesser known loopholes that Joseph Smith didn't quite figure out and left wide open.

So, what I'm trying to say is never look back. Enjoy your journey and if by chance it's all true, just get baptized in the Spirit World and you'll be good to go for exaltation, entrance into the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom and multiple wives for eternity.

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:02 am 
God

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Lostindc,

You're a good man and I always enjoy your posts. I wish you the best on your journey.

By the way, and I'm being completely serious here. Mormon doctrine can be so inconsistent and wacky, if by chance (and by chance I mean 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000) the Church is true, all you have to do is get baptized in the Spirit World and exaltation is still yours. It's one of the lesser known loopholes that Joseph Smith didn't quite figure out and left wide open.

So, what I'm trying to say is never look back. Enjoy your journey and if by chance it's all true, just get baptized in the Spirit World and you'll be good to go for exaltation, entrance into the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom and multiple wives for eternity.

Thanks Everybody Wang Chung, and likewise, I love your posts. If someone asked me the top ten threads on this message board, one would be the thread of you attending one of DCP's tours. An instant classic.

I agree, Joseph Smith pretty much guarantees everyone a crack at becoming a God, so if the Church is true then we're all okay anyways. I guess we should be thankful that Joseph Smith left a bit prematurely so he couldn't close the loophole. God knows what he could've found on the Kinderhook Plates, the Book of Abraham, or in the Book of Zelph.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:39 am 
God

lost I think that you know I'm a Never. I started posting on Mormon related boards 20+ years ago. Whatever questions I had were probably answered within the first 10 years or so. I stayed for the people. Believe it or not some of my earliest friends from the very beginning, post here on MormonDiscussions.com. And of course, other friends I've met over the years through my participation on various boards. They really are my friends. We've been through a lot together. We trust each other.

When I left my Southern Baptist church years ago, all I had to do was vote with my feet and walk out the door. I recognize this is not how it is for exiting LDS. It wasn't painful, I haven't lost family members, I'm still friends with some of my old church friends, my livelihood wasn't threatened, and no one is after me trying to get me to return. Even though I didn't leave God behind, I left behind the things I couldn't stand being a part of any more. Mainly a pervasive lack of insight and self awareness that I couldn't ignore.

Authenticity is everything. Without it we wear a mask for the world. No one knows who we really are, what we really think or believe. That's no way to live. It's not living at all.

I'm happy that you have found the courage to follow your own sense of authenticity. It's the only way to truly live.

Be free.

:-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:00 am 
θεά

It's not "resigning from the church," it's graduation.

Grats!

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:26 am 
Son of Perdition

Are you going to share your exit letter online?

That would be fun to read. It's like bearing your last testimony.

:biggrin:

What about Philo? He's still a Mormon, isn't he? Jesus.

Includes a startling new discovery!

An original and authentic look at Facsimile No. 3 as never seen before.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:09 am 
God

MsJack wrote:

Grats!

Seconded.

- Doc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:26 am 
Son of Perdition

just get baptized in the Spirit World and you'll be good to go for exaltation

Hell no. The last thing I would want to do is spend time around Heavenly Father and his creepy Son. From everything I've read about them they are not the kind of people I would want to hang out with. Screw Jesus and his bloody atonement, and screw his hateful Father too. I wouldn't do a damn thing they say.

Jersey Girl wrote:
Be free.

Amen to that!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:36 am 
Charlatan

Lostindc,

Unless you read Joseph Fielding Smith and Bruce R. McConkie...there is no chance beyond this life, true salvation is exaltation and it must be “executed“ in this dispensation.

If Mormonism were true, your best chance would be the terrestrial...but if you once knew the truth, and rejected it by many accounts you are a SoP.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 am 
Son of Perdition

Markk wrote:
Unless you read Joseph Fielding Smith and Bruce R. McConkie...there is no chance beyond this life, true salvation is exaltation and it must be “executed“ in this dispensation.

If Mormonism were true, your best chance would be the terrestrial...but if you once knew the truth, and rejected it by many accounts you are a SoP.

That's how I understood Mormon doctrine. Rejecting the gospel after having received it and having your name blotted out is pretty much a death sentence.

You're going to hell too, Markk. It's going to be one big happy family and party! See you in hell.

Yeah!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:38 am 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
lost I think that you know I'm a Never. I started posting on Mormon related boards 20+ years ago. Whatever questions I had were probably answered within the first 10 years or so. I stayed for the people. Believe it or not some of my earliest friends from the very beginning, post here on MormonDiscussions.com. And of course, other friends I've met over the years through my participation on various boards. They really are my friends. We've been through a lot together. We trust each other.

When I left my Southern Baptist church years ago, all I had to do was vote with my feet and walk out the door. I recognize this is not how it is for exiting LDS. It wasn't painful, I haven't lost family members, I'm still friends with some of my old church friends, my livelihood wasn't threatened, and no one is after me trying to get me to return. Even though I didn't leave God behind, I left behind the things I couldn't stand being a part of any more. Mainly a pervasive lack of insight and self awareness that I couldn't ignore.

Authenticity is everything. Without it we wear a mask for the world. No one knows who we really are, what we really think or believe. That's no way to live. It's not living at all.

I'm happy that you have found the courage to follow your own sense of authenticity. It's the only way to truly live.

Be free.

Thanks Jersey Girl, I know you're a nevermo but your contributions are significant to Mormonism, especially the support for those that suffered abuses. Thanks for the kind words.

MsJack wrote:

Grats!

Haha

I feel like I already left years ago when the Church said my brother is a sinner for being gay. I pick my brother over that God. Time to graduate! Thx

Shulem wrote:
Are you going to share your exit letter online?

That would be fun to read. It's like bearing your last testimony.

What about Philo? He's still a Mormon, isn't he? Jesus.

I am kind of concerned to link my lostindc username to my real life identity because i lead a semi-public life (not Mormon related at all) and then I also fear my paycheck job will receive some attacks. I can only imagine the ____ Will and others would love to throw my way after all these years.

Markk wrote:
Lostindc,

Unless you read Joseph Fielding Smith and Bruce R. McConkie...there is no chance beyond this life, true salvation is exaltation and it must be “executed “ in this dispensation.

I guess we're rolling some dice. I am good with the odds.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:08 am 
Charlatan

lostindc wrote:

I am a SoP for sure...at least according to my old SMP...he called me satan when I questioned Huge Nibley’s ability to read Egyptian (Book of Abraham).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:21 am 
Son of Perdition

lostindc wrote:
I am kind of concerned to link my lostindc username to my real life identity because i lead a semi-public life (not Mormon related at all) and then I also fear my paycheck job will receive some attacks. I can only imagine the ____ Will and others would love to throw my way after all these years.

Don't put yourself in jeopardy in any way. But maybe there are a few lines you might like to share if it's not too revealing or at least tell us a little something. Even if it's just crumbs or maybe a bone.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:51 pm 
God

I encourage this idea. Ain’t nothin better than taking back Sunday. Give Russ the middle finger.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:56 pm 
Son of Perdition

Sanctorian wrote:
I encourage this idea. Ain’t nothin better than taking back Sunday. Give Russ the middle finger.

Yeah, his resignation will take place on NelSatan's watch. What a fitting end to his turbulent presidency.

Hey Russybaby! Got any new revelations?

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:17 pm 
God

From one who resigned in 2008, you are about to feel a different kind of freedom...best to you!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:
Sanctorian wrote:

Yeah, his resignation will take place on NelSatan's watch. What a fitting end to his turbulent presidency.

Hey Russybaby! Got any new revelations?

:lol:

“Thus sayeth the lord, thou shalt be my next wife, and my next, and my next until my cup overfloweth with cream”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:06 am 
God

Markk wrote:
lostindc wrote:

I am a SoP for sure...at least according to my old SMP...he called me satan when I questioned Huge Nibley’s ability to read Egyptian (Book of Abraham).

haha, to be called satan by your stake president had to be a really special experience.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:07 am 
God

Sanctorian wrote:

I already reclaimed sunday about 6 years ago when I stopped attending. I was already on the watch list as a doubter by 2008. It's a long time coming. I wanted to wait for a mass resignation but i see none on the horizon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:09 am 
God

candygal wrote:
From one who resigned in 2008, you are about to feel a different kind of freedom...best to you!!

I feel like this is the final disconnect. I will still hang out with the exmo group here in vegas and I will of course stay on this board, but the rest can go.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:18 am 
God

lostindc wrote:
Thanks Jersey Girl, I know you're a nevermo but your contributions are significant to Mormonism, especially the support for those that suffered abuses. Thanks for the kind words.

I just happened to look in on the Protect Every Child movement Facebook page and found the following.

"To believe in something and not live it, is dishonest." ~ Ghandi

Maybe you should consider changing your screen name to "foundindc."

;-)