It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nostalgic Thanks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:26 am 
Savior (resurrected)

Location: "Don't believe everything you hear on the radio." Charles Foster Kane
This is a weird post to make. I say "weird" because it's coming from a place of nostalgia for a time that Mormon Discussions held some utility for me. And now that it doesn't, it's time to end my posts here. Despite how awful this life experience has been (and how awful many of you have been to me -- not trying to be passive aggressive, this is just plain true -- and it's part of the record), I think that every once in a while I'll miss coming here. I've hated a lot of the time I've spent here, but I've enjoyed some of it too.

My words above sound a little awful when I read over them. They have an "I love you - I hate you" manipulative ring to them, but that's not what I'm trying to convey. I suppose I'm trying to say that something would be wrong with me if I had enjoyed coming here doing the awful things I felt needed to be done under the circumstances. It would have been so much better for me if I hadn't been compelled to ever be here. But since I did feel I had to be here doing this awful thing, I learned to enjoy a few aspects of it along the way. And now, while I'm released from what was awful about most of it, I find myself also feeling nostalgic and wanting to say goodbye rather than just disappearing.

This was this board's utility for me:

• I used this board to insert my voice and make points to others who would read.

• I used this board to gather evidence.

• I used this board to record information that others could see so that they could later be held accountable for seeing it, even if they chose to not respond.

• I used this board to create a dated record that could prove what it was that I had to say at different times over the last several years.

• I used this board to slowly release information in a controlled manner based on what I felt could be tolerated at the time, and based, of course, on my own growth and development.

• I used this board to impact conversations in forums from which I've been banned.

• I used this board to make dated connections about issues like suicide contagion and events that were occurring in Mormon media for the purpose of trying to prevent more contagion and later hold people accountable.

• I even once used this board to find someone who didn't know that his tweet using my IRL name was harming me and my family in the real world. I don't know who he is, but he responded by deleting his tweet. Twitter had refused my many requests. So, to whomever you are: thank you!

I made a few friends here along the way. Much love and appreciation to those who have been kind to me. And no hard feelings to those who haven't. Still, there's no harm in trying to be more kind.

I understand the frustrations of many of you who wanted me to provide evidence or remain silent. But this is a message board for crying out loud. Just a message board. It isn't the place to offer evidence. That would have been the wrong use of a message board and silence would not have served my purposes. Message boards have limited utility. They're not the place for everything.

Persuasion was not one of my purposes.

So this is a strange goodbye. I felt I was here among strangers, some of whom listened and accepted me. Thank you! And thank you to those of you who are friends.

Now it is time for me to move on to other things.

-Rosebud

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document

Last edited by Rosebud on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Nostalgic Thanks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:11 am 
God

I wish you well in all things!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:03 am 
God

See you next year!

- Doc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:47 am 
Seedy Academician

It's great to have a place to vent. I have found that people will not take my word for things; and, if I want to persuade others, then presenting evidence and arguments is just part of the deal.

Good luck to you in your life in general!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:51 am 
God

I feel so.......... so used.

2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:58 am 
God

Hoping you find peace.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:17 pm 
God

Rosebud wrote:
...and how awful many of you have been to me -- not trying to be passive aggressive, this is just plain true...
-Rosebud

No big surprise that Rosebud can't even say goodbye without playing the victim card.

Quote:
But this is a message board for crying out loud. Just a message board...

Well, It's actually not a message board. It's a DISCUSSION forum. That was probably your first and biggest mistake.

But that aside, good luck Rosebud and live well. Good living is the best revenge.

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:38 pm 
God

Was it something we said?

(Fence Sitter, Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:20pm)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:00 pm 
First Presidency

Godspeed to you, if there is a god. If not, then good adventures as you move on to other things.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:54 pm 
God

Darn. I'll miss you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:16 pm 
God

So sorting the funding of the site is off then?

(Fence Sitter, Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:20pm)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:09 pm 
Priest

Best wishes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:32 pm 
God

I can imagine Infants on Thrones and Momon Leaks laying in bed and sharing a cigarette in the afterglow. What imagery!

Compulsions can be a hard burden and when you rid yourself of them it can be a great relief. Best wishes.