It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RFM - the investigation continues
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:23 pm 
God

https://mormondiscussionpodcast.org/201 ... up-part-2/

Another must listen!

Did I understand the ending correctly? RFM is awaiting permission to discuss the Church's 'outside counsels' 7 page letter? Surely that permission is not coming from the attorney right?

McKenna's attorneys must love you. Of course the Church is going to have to punish you one of these days for continuing to expose them to the light of day.

I hope nothing holds up this permission. Can't wait to hear what is on page 4!

Post subject: Re: RFM - the investigation continues
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:41 am 
God

Consiglieri, your summation of the facts, the timeline and the inescapable conclusions, is exemplary. I foresee a career in investigative journalism in your future...

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:48 am 
High Priest

This is another hats off podcast series from RFM.
Skillfully investigated, throughoutly analyzed and systematically presented.
Thank you Consig, for your efforts.

About Joseph Smith.. How do you think his persona was influenced by being the storyteller since childhood? Mastering the art of going pale, changing his voice, and mesmerizing his audience.. How do you think he was influenced by keeping secrets and lying for his wife and the church members for decades?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:35 am 
God

Thanks so much for the kind words, everybody!

And yes, I have come into possession of the original 7-page David Jordan letter.

This is how I know that McKenna's lawyer wrote his original demand letter in mid-February 2018 and that David Jordan wrote his reply letter of 7-pages on March 13th.

If McKenna's lawyer gives me authorization, there is something on page 4 that I do want to mention.

On that page, David Jordan makes a huge blunder and accidentally reveals he has access to information that is extremely interesting.

I have passed this on to McKenna's attorney and I expect he will be taking appropriate action on it.

But I don't want to comment on it until I receive authorization to do so.

I don't want to inadvertently compromise McKenna's case. I don't see how revealing it would be a problem, but I cannot see the end of all things and wouldn't want to let the cat out of the bag prematurely.

Thanks so much for listening!

--Consiglieri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:20 am 
Regional Representative

I haven't had much faith in the church org or it's leaders for quite a while, but this all still amazes me. I shouldn't be surprised but I am.
Zero tolerance may be the biggest lie the Church tells these days.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:24 pm 
God

Zero tolerance really doesn't mean a whole lot when Bishop still has his membership now does it?

"The lives we lead now are not dress rehearsals, they are the only performance we have. Therefore what matters is what we have here, the people we know and and love and the good we can do for the world"
Sean Carroll

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:26 pm 
God

Fence Sitter wrote:
Zero tolerance really doesn't mean a whole lot when Bishop still has his membership now does it?

And he will die with membership and priesthood intact? The man is getting older..what are they going to friggin do...now!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:57 pm 
God

Stem wrote:
I haven't had much faith in the church org or it's leaders for quite a while, but this all still amazes me. I shouldn't be surprised but I am.
Zero tolerance may be the biggest lie the Church tells these days.

by the way, the biggest lie the Church tells now or any other time is its claim to speak for a God.

"The lives we lead now are not dress rehearsals, they are the only performance we have. Therefore what matters is what we have here, the people we know and and love and the good we can do for the world"
Sean Carroll

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:20 pm 
Regional Representative

Fence Sitter wrote:
by the way, the biggest lie the Church tells now or any other time is its claim to speak for a God.

It seems to me the only God anyone really knows is the one they have contructed in their own brains/psyche. In this way it's not a big deal to me for them to say they speak for God. I mean I enjoyed RFM's podcasts about revelation and how it's been portrayed in the Church because I agree, they are changing what revelation is, and using pretty mundane decisions and ideas as examples of revelation. But I honestly don't know that it's ever been any different in the sum of it. That is Joseph, when claiming to speak for God, just attributed words like, "and the Lord says..." to the front of his ideas. They've gone away from that now, and basically since BY said it a few times, and just say their ideas then later add on some explanation of how it was revelation.

To me, their lie in this is much more about them offering ambiguous but leading claims of seeing and speaking to the Lord as it is about them claiming to have revelation.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:12 pm 
God

Stem wrote:
Fence Sitter wrote:

It seems to me the only God anyone really knows is the one they have contructed in their own brains/psyche. In this way it's not a big deal to me for them to say they speak for God. I mean I enjoyed RFM's podcasts about revelation and how it's been portrayed in the Church because I agree, they are changing what revelation is, and using pretty mundane decisions and ideas as examples of revelation. But I honestly don't know that it's ever been any different in the sum of it. That is Joseph, when claiming to speak for God, just attributed words like, "and the Lord says..." to the front of his ideas. They've gone away from that now, and basically since BY said it a few times, and just say their ideas then later add on some explanation of how it was revelation.

To me, their lie in this is much more about them offering ambiguous but leading claims of seeing and speaking to the Lord as it is about them claiming to have revelation.
Stem. your post here somehow touched me..it sounds so much like a final Mormon meltdown. Like the bottom finally bottomed out..and not much foundation left. Just know it is my revelation that we will always have friends in this world..sincere ones..I hope you will let be one of yours.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:36 pm 
Regional Representative

candygal wrote:
Stem. your post here somehow touched me..it sounds so much like a final Mormon meltdown. Like the bottom finally bottomed out..and not much foundation left. Just know it is my revelation that we will always have friends in this world..sincere ones..I hope you will let be one of yours.

Thanks, candygal. I appreciate this. I've gained a great respect for you over the time I've seen you posting both here and there. I don't' know that the bottomwill ever be all the way bottomed out for me. I'm weird like that, i guess. I like to hang on in some way, but it's been a few years since I've felt similar to what Iv'e expressed. There's no tears to shed. I've told all I know that it is not losing anything for me. I'm just hear to build on whatever I've gained.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:20 pm 
Seedy Academician

Stem wrote:
candygal wrote:

Thanks, candygal. I appreciate this. I've gained a great respect for you over the time I've seen you posting both here and there. I don't' know that the bottomwill ever be all the way bottomed out for me. I'm weird like that, i guess. I like to hang on in some way, but it's been a few years since I've felt similar to what Iv'e expressed. There's no tears to shed. I've told all I know that it is not losing anything for me. I'm just hear to build on whatever I've gained.

You guys are good people. I know I have given our friend Stem a hard time in the past, but I am glad both of your are hear and I enjoy reading your posts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:06 pm 
God

Stem wrote:
candygal wrote:

I admire you. Your conversations and input here and there speak for the general membership that often remains silent. You are a key to good changes in the church. Best to you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:33 pm 
God

Bump new info
https://mormondiscussionpodcast.org/201 ... on-update/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:36 pm 
God

RFM,

How are things looking on you being able to report on that "page 4"?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:23 am 
Regional Representative

RockSlider wrote:
RFM,

I'm hoping they cave and give him the content of these blacked out lines. But I'm guessing we won't ever know what was said there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:47 am 
God

RockSlider wrote:
RFM,

That is still a bit up in the air, but I am currently trying to line up an interview of McKenna, as well as her adopted daughter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:02 pm 
CTR B

Fence Sitter wrote:

So, he’s still a member and in good standing?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:25 pm 
God

aznative wrote:
Fence Sitter wrote:

So, he’s still a member and in good standing?

I do not know for certain but I have seen no mention anywhere of him being excommunicated. Given the attention the story has received in the press and elsewhere, I would expect it would have been mentioned.

Sean Carroll

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:42 am 
God

I hope Consiglieri gets nominated and wins an award on that website that gives out awards for this kind of stuff. These have been exceptional investigative and informative podcasts of a current event.

If anybody has contact with whoever runs that site, please nominate Consiglieri.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:54 am 
God

Good god what depths will the Church continue to go to in trying to cover this up. Why did they just not come clean and crucify Bishop in the very first place (or the 2nd, 3rd etc.) But no, it would reflect that Jesus is not at the head of this Church, that they get no special revelation from God, no gift of discernment. Now they find themselves so deep in the lies and deceptions there is no turning back.

Now we find them not only in a major conflict of interest with a law enforcement agency but aggressively pressuring those in their employ to break the law.

Perhaps Jesus is quietly at the head of RFM, tired of his name/reputation continually being thrown to the curb by the Church, is now behind a bulldog with jaws/teeth locked. Shine that light brightly RFM!

Yes, the poor head of the BYU Police facing RFM's appeal, what a horrible place he is in.

I can't wait to see their next move in dealing with RFM's appeals.